You probably would be following a strict skincare regimen that includes cleansing, exfoliation, toning and moisturizing for your face. But, what about your body? Are you giving it the attention it needs? The skin on the body needs as much attention as your face. Because justlike facial skin, the skin on the body undergoes wear and tear and experiences the same ageing process. Here, we are going to let you know about an important step you need to add to your body care – exfoliation.
What is exfoliation? Why is it needed?
The skin undergoes a natural desquamation process. This means that your skin has a way to get rid of all the dead cells and grime accumulated. This process depends on several factors, one such factor is ageing. When you age, this process slows down and your skin is unable to get rid of old cells and pave way for young new and healthy cells. Even when you are young this desquamation process is not a hundred per cent complete. To support this process of desquamation, exfoliation is needed. In the process of exfoliation, you employ a gentle scrub that removes all the accumulated dead cells, dirt and grime. It cleanses the pores and keeps them clear of debris. This helps in cell renewal. Young new and healthy cells come to the surface making your skin look bright and young.
Benefits of Body Scrub.
A body scrub is usually made of natural oils, butter, natural exfoliators and active ingredients. Employing a scrub based on your needs will give you the skin that you desire. Here are the benefits of a body scrub, that will motivate you to include this vital skincare step.
- Brightens Skin – The scrub is designed to remove all the dead cells from the top of the skin. These dead cells make your skin look dull. Once this is removed the new cells make your skin look fresh and bright.
- Anti -ageing – Exfoliation helps to regulate and improve blood flow and collagen production. This helps to delay the ageing process as collagen is essential to keep the skin young and plump.
- Smooth Skin – Scrubbing also removes all the rough and uneven skin from your body. This will leave you with smooth and glowing skin that you will love.
- Detoxification – A scrub made with detoxifying ingredients will help your skin to remove all the dirt and grime. It removes all the toxins and dirt in the pores.
- Enhances the action of moisturizer and creams: Dead cells prevent the proper absorption of moisturizer, creams and serum. By removing the dead cells, you give a chance for your creams to do their best for your skin.
- Nourishing -A high-quality natural body scrub contains skin-caring ingredients that will enhance the skin’s hydration, tone and texture. To get the best natural body scrub to check out Rose body Scrub from Araah Skin Miracle. To know more click here.
Here are three DIY homemade scrubs for your skin:
- 1/4cup sugar
- 2tsp coffee powder
- 2tsp honey
- 2tsp coconut oil
Coffee fights inflammation, improves blood circulation and gives a youthful glow to your skin. Sugar is a natural exfoliator that removes dead cells. Honey and Coconut oil help to hydrate the skin
- 1/4cup Oats
- 1/4cup Curd
- Honey 1tsp
Oats are a natural exfoliator and cleanser. It also hydrates the skin and reduces skin inflammation. Honey is also an exfoliator and humectant which helps in nourishing the skin. Curd makes the skin young and supple.
- 1/4cup salt
- Honey 2tsp
- Coconut oil 2tsp
You should include a body scrub two to three times a week. If you have sensitive skin you can do it once a week. The following is the best way to do the scrubbing.
Step 1 : Use lukewarm water for 5 to 10 mins this will help the skin to be moist and also softens the skin.
Step 2 : By using gentle pressure in a circular motion start scrubbing the body. You can start from the legs upwards to improve circulation.
Step 3 : Rinse the skin thoroughly with warm water. You can continue using a circular motion to remove the scrub.
Step 4 : After scrubbing apply moisturizer or lotion to your skin. This will prevent skin from drying and also the cream will be absorbed very well.